Wednesday, October 7, 2015

2016 goals and the somehow successful debacle that was last year

Can I make resolutions for the new year when it's only October?? It's just that...I somehow did a decent job with last year's goals (despite feeling like a mess) and I'm already ready for the next round.

This year was huge for me. I came back from three months in Europe and then traveled to Iowa City, Denver, and Austin for a month. I tried to make up my mind about where to live and traveled between Iowa City and Denver something like six times. I lived on my dear friend April's couch intermittently for six plus months and that alone was an experience I could write about for days. I finally settled into a job and found a three month sublease. I moved into a beautiful interim apartment for one month before settling into my first one bedroom apartment this month. Between all this moving business, I traveled to Italy, France and Argentina and hosted Lucas in Chicago and Denver. I volunteered at the Denver Botanic Gardens, the Denver Public Library and Lighthouse Writers Workshop. I TA-ed for my favorite poetry professor. I got promoted at Anthropologie during this time but have also been declined from more 'dream jobs' than I could ever imagine. I restarted my yoga practice and am getting back to being somewhat buff after eating all the donuts in Austria.

My goals for 2016:
1. Take a completely solo trip abroad. (Not to see a bf😁) Places on the radar: Iceland, Mongolia, Tanzania, Brazil, back to Thailand, back to Paris, back to Amsterdam.
2. Read and write for 10min each day.
3. Master cooking five dishes.
4. Live in a different U.S. city (NYC) and/or abroad.
5. Work in a university or teaching setting.
6. Develop a conversational proficiency in Spanish.
7. Apply to grad school.
8. Continue to volunteer.
9. Make my apartment super cutie but maintain a minimalist lifestyle.
10. Careeeeeeer--continue to figure and try not to stress.

YAY GOALS AND LISTS AND FALL!

No comments:

Post a Comment