Sunday, April 5, 2015

New Years progress

No need to read this folks, I'm just making lists again for my own records. Aside from New Years resolutions, I've made one of those 'Accomplishments Jars' where you just toss in the cool things you've done that year and get all the warm fuzzies at the end of the year instead of being sad for not accomplishing any goals. I'm actually doing alright with my goals though, so I figured I'd log that before the year goes to hell.

1.  Stop looking at my phone before bed. Not yet.
2.  Live alone. Not yet.
3.  Get a job. Yep.
4.  Travel to another country (South America???). I've traveled to Italy and France this year.
5.  Volunteer for a writing non-profit. I've been volunteering at Lighthouse Writer's Workshop in Denver and I love it. I also added the Denver Public Library to the mix this year.
6.  Get back into yoga. I started with a month but now I have to sign up for more. 
7.  Move to a different U.S. city. Not yet.

I wrote those goals down on the blog but my actual goals, written in a different notebook, are as follows:

1. Sleep. Sorted.
2. Skin. I'm trying.
3. Yoga. Started.
4. Job. Sorted.
5. Water. Ongoing effort.
6. Simplify relationships. Sorted.
7. Live in a different city. Not yet.
8. Go abroad. Sorted, but would like to go to a country I've not yet been.
9. Write more. Kinda. I've been writing quick blurbs on my Instagram account about travel experiences and though it's not poetry or journalism, it does feel like a slight accomplishment.
10. Read more books/poetry. Yes. Read Nocturnes by Ishiguro and am currently slugging through 1Q84 by Murikami. Also, Carl Sandburg's Chicago poems and started Boyhood by Coetzee.
11. Live alone. Not yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment