Friday, February 13, 2015

Valentines

Jazz, ice cream sandwiches and solitude to ring in this years Valentines Day, a 'holiday' I'm fairly neutral about.  It's rare for me to be alone in the apartment for an extended period of time, but April is galavanting in the mountains and I'm here to hold down the fort and get back into this Denver life. I'd first planned to get the heck out of Denver and stay out, say so long to my problems by running like hell. But the city itself is never the problem and I've been coaxed back by a support system I never fully recognized or appreciated until now.  So, Denver it is for the time being, even if that means my mind is often oceans away, always ready to jump at the chance to see more and live in ways I've always feared.  I can't help but feel that ants in my pants, edge of my seat anticipation of future travel, but I must say, Denver is treatin my right at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment